1. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018).
2. We collect your personal information when you become a member, donate, and/or request information about our activities. The personal information we use may include:
– Full name and contact details including your address, email address and phone number
– Bank and payment details to process payments (note that at this stage, we use a third party, Paypal, to process payments and as such do not record details)
– We may also collect information when you complete one of our surveys, provide feedback.
– Website usage information is collected using cookies.
3. We will not e-mail you unless you have given us your consent.
4. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
5. We never share your personal data with third parties without your explicit consent.
6. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct it promptly.
7. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our policy and the law.
9. We sometimes link to third party websites. These have their own privacy and cookie policies, and the UK Argentine Tango Association holds no responsibility for the content or practices of these websites.
10. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please contact us.
When you use our website we ask your permission to store a small amount of information (cookies) on your device.
1) Website functionality. Cookies help us to provide a good user experience and help you navigate the website easily.
2) We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users interact with our website. This allows us to make sure that we provide information that is useful for you and that you can easily find the pages you need. However no personally identifiable information is collected or stored by this process. You can read more about these cookies here.
Opting out of cookies
If you turn off cookies you may be unable to use some of the website functionality.
You can turn off or delete cookies via your web browser. For more information on cookies and their use see www.allaboutcookies.org
The content of this website are the property of the UK Argentine Tango Association unless stated otherwise and should not be copied or reproduced without our explicit consent.
The UK Argentine Tango Association secretary is the Data Controller for all information that we collect.
Personal data: COMMENTS
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your rights over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Last update 22/05/2023